Data centers are high tech storage spaces that can use 15 to 40 times more energy than the same size office building. With a comprehensive Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) system in place, data center managers can see in real time how their equipment is performing, where the energy is going, and where potential problems might be forming. Having this information is critical if you are contractually obligated to provide 99.9% reliable services to your clients. Being able to monitor your Power Utilization Effectiveness (PUE) in real time can affect your bottom line as well.
The Vortechs company has been installing, maintaining, and servicing DCIM systems for several years in Data Centers for the Federal Government.
Our years of experience in the electrical, HVAC, automation, and instrumentation fields gives us an advantage when it comes to data center monitoring. Knowing how all of the different equipment types work helps us know the best ways to monitor and control them. Our in-depth experience with systems integration also gives us an advantage dealing with equipment from different manufacturers.
Vortechs is a DCIM Company that has experience with:
- Measuring PUE and participating in green initiatives
- Monitoring and controlling rack power through branch circuit monitoring (BCM)
- Logging and reporting energy usage for sub-metering and billing
- System alarming and notification to prevent downtime
- Monitoring and controlling environmental infrastructure
- Monitoring electrical distribution
- Main service meters
- Battery banks
- PDUs and RPPs
Main Power Distribution